Process Engineer - Guide Bar
Process Engineer - Guide BarSTIHL Inc.
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
As a family-owned company, it’s the people who continue to make STIHL a successful, world-class brand. STIHL is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, Process Engineer to join our Guide Bar department at STIHL’s corporate headquarters in Virginia Beach!
The Process Engineer will develop, maintain, and improve stamping, welding, assembly, machining and painting processes and technologies in a cost effective manner to meet product requirements by applying engineering methods pertaining to process, machine, vision systems and automation equipment.
- Benefits – Competitive health insurance, compensation, 401K, bonuses, relocation assistance and PENSION!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilizes technical and ROI analysis for identification and specification of new and replacement machine requirements
- Responsible for improving machine reliability, equipment performance, processes, cost, and production results related to safety, quality and scrap
- Responsible for start-up of new machines and automations, troubleshoots process issues
- Develops and updates PLC and CNC programs
- Suggests drawing changes and corrections in collaboration with R&D
- Resolves quality problems in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Department
- Provides support for projects, process developments of new parts, design changes, and statistical planning during part development phase
- Analyzes production times and related costs to provide information for management decisions
- Investigates and develops new production processes, quality inspection plans, work instructions and set-up standards
- Utilizes 3D modeling software to design and implement fixture, tooling, and automation components
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 4 year college degree, preferably in engineering, manufacturing or related discipline
- 5+ years of related experience with machine tools, machining processes, automation equipment and materials