Structural Design Project Engineer II
Structural Design Project Engineer IICollins Engineers, Inc.
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Since opening our doors in 1979, Collins Engineers, Inc. has provided engineering services in structural and transportation analysis and design. Today, Collins is an ENR Top 500 Design Firm that continues to grow our multi-disciplined firm by providing design and analysis services coupled with field experience to the transportation, marine, construction, and land development industries.
Collins is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Structural Project Engineer to play a key role on our team in Virginia Beach,Virginia. The ideal candidate will have experience in structural analysis and design of waterfront and industrial structures who can bring creative design practice skills balanced with a solid background in the field of structural engineering. This position requires the ability to manage projects and liaise with clients and government agencies. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, technically driven professional who is looking for career growth.
The Structural Design Project Engineer II contributes technical expertise to the successful execution of projects by performing the following duties.
- Provides technical engineering expertise to Project Manager and/or client to ensure the project complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications, and design instructions.
- Reviews, analyzes, and resolves field and/or design issues.
- Performs complex engineering computations involving conventional engineering practices.
- Prepares complete engineering plans or reports.
- Demonstrates strong proficiency in computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Makes design recommendations and/or adaptations.
- Is active in technical societies.
- Publishes engineering papers and/or articles.
- Responsible for engineering projects of varying size and complexity in field or office in accordance with plans and specifications.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and/or coordinates detailed phases of assigned project work.
- Is familiar with project budgets and timelines, and apprises the Project Manager of potential or anticipates changes in scope.
- Assists in coordinating project schedules and timely completion of projects.
- Assists in proposal preparation, project scoping, and estimating project costs.
- Is available to attend meetings or events outside of normal working hours.
- Directs and supervises the work of other engineers, technicians, drafters and administrative staff.
- Actively observes and acts in an appropriate manner related to safety
- Ensures that staff needing specialized training in health and safety procedures and practices receives such training and that safety is discussed as an important aspect of their work.
- Bachelor's degree and/or master’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited four-year university.
- 5 years or more experience in project engineering. Experience in the analysis and design of piers, wharves, bulkheads, pump stations, etc.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) required
- Valid driver’s license
View physical demands and our commitment to safety. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a federal contractor, Collins Engineers is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
Notice to Third Party Agencies
Collins Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.
For more information, please download the below documents:
EEO is the Law Poster | EEO is the Law Supplement | Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Note: to enable links and learn more about our benefits and culture, please view this posting on the Collins website at https://www.collinsengr.com/careers/benefits/.