Engineer, Battery Manufacturing & Systems
Engineer, Battery Manufacturing & SystemsSTIHL Inc.
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
As a family-owned company, it’s the people who continue to make STIHL a successful, world-class brand. STIHL is seeking a highly motivated, innovative Manufacturing Engineer to join our team at STIHL’s corporate headquarters in Virginia Beach!
This individual will be responsible for the battery engineering and design for manufacturing topics with R&D, as well as oversee battery process, testing and validation.
- Benefits – Competitive health insurance, compensation, 401K, bonuses, relocation assistance and PENSION!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure battery pack manufacturing equipment and processes are within compliance and operate efficiently.
- Analyze, develop, and improve battery pack manufacturing equipment, processes, standards, and strategies.
- Provide detailed battery pack design for manufacture (DFM) advice to R&D and lead implementation of battery design and process changes in assembly.
- Work with R&D to optimize battery pack design and production.
- Implementation of engineering changes in battery pack production.
- Testing and validation of battery components, assemblies, manufacturing processes, and new manufacturing methods.
- Battery manufacturing trouble shooting.
- Drive or provide input for new production equipment justification and implementation for battery manufacturing.
- Develop training and documentation for battery production, testing, and validation.
- Work with or lead support groups to identify and drive corrective actions for process quality and performance issues.
- Apply strong communication skills in cross-functional team.
- Maintains appropriate levels of labor in accordance with skill requirements, work levels and schedules, labor hour and training programs. Maintains conformance with STIHL employee and safety rules and regulations, issues violation warnings and administers approved disciplinary measures when necessary. Participates in and coordinates internal programs, such as communications, vacation schedules, job analysis and evaluation, employee performance reviews, wage administration, etc.
- Support the final Assembly site to ensure proper integration of the battery into the final system.
- Provide support across multiple production shifts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred or combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in lithium ion battery technology, battery pack design, battery management, safety standards, manufacturing equipment, and processes
- Experience in lithium ion battery pack testing, validation and quality controls
- Understanding of the electrical, chemical, mechanical, and thermal features of lithium ion battery packs
- Strong communication skills