CPA and Controller
CPA and ControllerVOSTROM
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
CPA and Controller
- Work Location: Virginia Beach, VA
- Alternate Designations: Certified Public Accountant, CPA, Controller, Bookkeeper
We're looking for an experienced CPA based in Virginia Beach, VA. We need someone with experience being a CPA and preferably a current or former corporate controller. Ideally someone with payroll experience, QuickBooks familiarity and who is clerically fast and exceptionally organized. Being high-energy and fun is also highly desirable because we're a fast-moving company.
The Day to Day:
The focus of this job is overseeing the books, performing payroll activities, administering some human resources functions and assisting executives with day to day tasks. You will be expected to work with us to prepare presentations, proof papers, plan minor projects and track the progress of individuals assigned to those projects. You will be responsible for bookkeeping, which means being comfortable using a spreadsheet program and QuickBooks specifically. Note taking, scheduling and keeping multiple calendars, report writing and e-mail communications will be frequent tasks. The ideal candidate should be able to plan travel, logistics and events and provide ongoing status to stakeholders in an expedient and friendly manner. The office management aspects of the job are minimal, but include running errands, such as trips to the post office, restaurants, etc., as well as tidying up the office areas and enhancing the overall office experience for all employees. Work requires normal physical attributes necessary for walking, standing, sitting, operating office equipment, lifting, moving, and carrying light equipment and supplies, as well as fast typing skills.
The ideal candidate is an effective communicator (written and spoken) with enough organizational skills and leadership potential to show us you can stay on a path of career advancement.
- Candidate must be a Certified Public Accountant
- US Citizenship (or authorized to work in the USA)
- College degree (or two years of college minimum)
- Proficiency with computers and software (using the Internet / web apps)
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute
- Experience using Apple productivity apps (a Mac-friendly person)
- Experience budgeting and estimating various things (spreadsheet jockey)
- Experience shipping (UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.)
- Experience booking travel
- Several positive personal or professional references
- Public Notary
- Bookkeeping experience with QuickBooks or equivalent software
- Involvement in the PMI organization
- Experience with technical writing
Compensation and Experience:
- No prior professional experience required
- $50,000 to $65,000 depending on experience and how many problems you can make disappear
- Extensive benefits package including health insurance
- Opportunities for advancement and a clear career path
We conduct advanced technical research and develop innovative software and systems that help meet network security and reliability challenges for organizations world-wide. You can read more at our web site. We value a strong work ethic, professionalism, dedication to quality customer service and a friendly attitude.
We have many other openings available. For a complete listing, visit jobs.vostrom.com