Invoice Billing Specialist
Invoice Billing SpecialistJohnson, Mirmiran, and Thompson Inc.
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,800 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #51 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
Position summary: Responsible for all aspects of accounting to invoice clients for project work. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Set up projects and budgets in the accounting database
- Review contract terms and verifications of job setup paperwork.
- Ensure that submitted information is accurate and in compliance with company accounting standards and government requirements.
- Set up project financials and budgeting
- Ensure all billing transactions are completed and accurately recorded in the Accounting system
- Review sub consultant invoices for contractual compliance and process vouchers
- Prepare complex invoices (Cost Plus, Time and Materials, & Fixed Price) and complete monthly billing
- Work with project managers to finalize invoices for submittal to client.
- Investigate and resolve billing issues to ensure jobs are billed within the appropriate time.
- Analyze monthly financials and on-going revenue recognition
- Scanning invoices
- Indexing and filing invoices into the electronic document management system
Nonessential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Intermediate Excel and data entry skills required
- High school diploma or equivalent and related experience, Associates Degree preferred
- Knowledgeable in Project / Cost Accounting
- Experience using computerized accounting systems
- Experience working in accounting operations for a multi-discipline consulting engineering/ architectural office, job cost support and invoice processing.
Work is performed within a general office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Client Focus
- Job Proficiency
- Planning and Organizing/Time management
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.