Contracts SpecialistLifeNet Health
Virginia Beach, VA 23453
Job Type- Full-time
Location: Jacksonville, FL; Virginia Beach, VA
Job Type: Full-Time
Shift: Monday – Friday: 8:15AM – 5:00PM
LifeNet Health is searching for talented individuals who will embrace our mission of saving lives, restoring health, and giving hope.
LifeNet Health, headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is the largest nonprofit organ procurement organization (“OPO”) and tissue processor in the United States, as well as a leading innovator in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Our goal is to improve the quality of human life through the provision of organs, tissues and cells for transplantation; to provide innovation in the fields of bio-implants, regenerative medicine and research; and, to serve the community with educational and support services that enhance the donation process. LifeNet Health has over 1200 employees and has a growing global presence.
How you will contribute to LifeNet Health’s success:
As a Contracts Specialist, under the general direction of the Manager, Contracts, oversees contractual operations for company business units, including drafting, negotiating, analyzing, and maintaining contracts on behalf of the company. Provides analysis and recommendations to company business units on contractual needs, manages the overall contract review process and associated workflows, represents the company in contract negotiations, and communicates company’s contractual obligations to affected departments. Ensures alignment of contractual obligations with company’s operational capabilities, applicable legal requirements, and company policies. Serves as the subject matter expert on all contractual matters before the company while consulting with leaders of company business units, as well as other shared services departments such as Finance, Marketing, Quality & Regulatory, Client Services, and Legal.
What you’ll do:
- Contract Lifecycle and Maintenance: Manages the contract lifecycle, including identifying appropriate contractual vehicle and workflow operations, securing and maintaining all necessary internal approvals, contract generation, reviews, analysis, negotiations, maintenance, termination and conclusion of post-termination obligations. Develops, recommends, and implements processes and workflows to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of company operations involving a contract. Ensures a consistent company-wide approach for contract regulation is maintained across business units. Self-monitors progress according to established contractual operations workflows to submit drafts, lead reviews, and timely communicates with internal and external parties. Performs due diligence on external parties to proposed contracts, ensuring such party is an appropriate legal entity in good standing with no compliance, financial, or regulatory concerns, and advises internal stakeholders of any potential issues and risks to company of moving forward with such external party. Achieves and maintains proficiency in the company’s contract management system. Provides support and assistance to company personnel utilizing company’s contract management system, analyzing and resolving contractual-related issues. Assists with development of the contract management database for reporting and tracking start/end dates, renewals, terminations, contract compliance issues, and contract termination completion
- Subject Matter Expert: Serves as the internal and external point of contact on all contractual matters before the company. Explains technical contract terminology, company policy, and applicable federal and state regulations to internal and external parties in understandable language. Advises company’s business units and leadership on existing and proposed contracts by performing research on industry best practices, communicating any regulatory specific requirements that may affect desired process or outcome, identifying impacts on other departments, determining scope of contract specifications, and interpreting technical contractual requirements. Creates effective relationships and establishes constructive communication with all levels of personnel within the company to analyze and solidify an overall contract strategy to advance the company’s needs. Creates and presents oral/written reports and recommendations within areas of assigned responsibility for company business units and leadership.
- Contract Drafting, Assessment, and Negotiation: Analyzes contract terms and conditions to verify compliance with company policies, applicable federal and state regulations, and operational capability by affected internal company departments. Modifies proposed contract terms through redline draft revisions as necessary to meet company policy, regulatory and operational capability requirements. Consults with key stakeholders across business operations contributing specialized knowledge and drafting terms and conditions that are operationally achievable. Negotiates contractual provisions directly with outside parties on behalf of the company, advocating for company’s business needs, developing agreeable solutions for company and the outside party, and binding the company to contractual terms. Audits and identifies problems and risks in current or proposed contracts, contractual process, or operations. Collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions to recommend and implement corrective actions and solutions. Troubleshoots contract-related discrepancies with company’s external customers, advising multiple internal departments and providing recommendations for resolution.
- Healthcare Volume Purchasing Management: Facilitates Group Purchasing Organization (“GPO”) and Integrated Delivery Network (“IDN”) membership activities. Maintains GPO membership rosters and initiates changes to add or remove affiliate accounts and then communicates changes in a timely manner to affected internal departments and field personnel. Expedites membership requests to comply with contractual requirements. Responsible for monitoring GPO activation portals. Performs due diligence on all affiliate accounts to maintain contractual and tier compliance. Collaborates with Strategic Services to inform business units on member compliance. Maintains all GPO price files for internal reference and to assist in the payment of administrative fees. Collaborates with key stakeholders to ensure contract terms and obligations are accurately captured. Communicates these terms and obligations to all levels of personnel within the organization to support business operations.
What you’ll bring (Minimum Requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Finance, Public Administration or other related fields from an accredited college or university.
- Two (2) year of work experience with corporate contract experience and/or document management; or relatable experience (health care industry preferred)
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.