Staff Accountant I
Staff Accountant IZero Point, Inc
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
The Staff Accountant I reports to the Director of Finance and Business Systems in the performance of a variety of tasks, and is primarily responsible for managing daily financial transactions and tasks related to all facets of the Operation, and maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the ERP and other company systems consistent with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards (GAS), and corporate ethics, goals, and objectives. A proficient level of accounting, business experience, and judgment is required to plan and accomplish goals. Performance of responsibilities is expected to be completed on an accurate and timely basis, and with minimal supervision.
Minimum of an AA degree in accounting, economics, finance, or related field with three years of accounting experience along with various accounting applications/systems and functions.
High level of knowledge of accounts payable principles, industry policies, regulations, and accounting standards. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental Accounting Standards (GAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Daily processing and management of Accounts Payable Vendor Invoices and Payments.
- Vendor Account management and reconciliations
- Three-way matching of invoices, shipping documentation, receipts, purchase orders.
- Timely and accurate management of purchase ordering system, purchase orders, system obligations, dates, reconciliations, etc.
- Administer Setup, operation, and troubleshooting of Corporate web-based Timekeeping system, ensuring accurate and timely availability of data, charge codes, Jobs, Tasks, and reporting
- Accurate and Timely Audit, Reconcile, and Process expense reports
- Develop and Maintain Expense reporting process and tools
- Managing company credit card usage, including reconciliations, approvals, entry into the accounting system, and payments
- Play a key role in accounting representation for company inventory control and processing.
- Accounting management of manufacturing work orders and cost management
- Collaborating with departments to interpret, gather, and analyze relevant financial data
- Timely and accurate processing and coding of transactions through the accounting system
- GL Account Reconciliation and transactional analysis.
- Prepare and Process Sub-Ledger, General Ledger, and Adjusting Journal Entries.
- Review and process of company costs
- Compile and analyze financial information in support of accurate and timely financial period closing.
- Prepare, analyze, and distribute corporate and operating division reports, and analysis schedules.
- Monitor, maintain and assist with implementation of internal accounting controls and procedures
- Manage and support budget and forecast activities
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- Assist with regular account/bank reconciliations
- Monitor and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences
- Interaction with corporate systems to identify and reconcile transactions and cash management issues.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the external audit process
- Develop and write procedures in support of ongoing continual improvement initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned by executive management.
- Work as a team member and foster a cooperative work environment.
- Intermediate level of knowledge and experience with financial transactions related to manufacturing processes, such as Sales, Purchasing, Inventory, Production, IRAD, Administration, Quality, etc.
- Intermediate level of knowledge and experience with financial transactions related to government services processes, such as Contracts, Purchasing, Inventory, Invoicing, Administration, Quality, external contracting office interaction, etc.
- Intermediate level of knowledge and experience using ERP Systems.
- Advanced organizational abilities, oral & written communications, and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced ability to perform with little supervision. Must be self-motivated and energetic.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Basic knowledge and application of Lean Manufacturing techniques
- While performing the duties of this job the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Work is based in a busy office environment and is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Additional Functions
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ethics - Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethics; Upholds organizational values.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Health and Dental Insurance
Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance
Workers Compensation Benefits
401K Retirement Plan
- Not an exhaustive list
Zero Point is an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.